Thursday, August 14, 2008

Ladies Bible Study

The Ladies Bible Study group meets every Wednesday afternoon. Lia drives around and picks up different people because they don't have vehicles and they live a distance away from each other. Driving around to pick up the ladies is a real adventure in itself becuase the roads are pretty rough!
This is a house up the mountainside just outside of town. A group of ladies meet here to catch a ride to the study.

The road goes right through this river and since this is where we meet the ladies, it is also the place where we need to turn around to head back to town. Lia is great at turning around in the river!
This house is right next to the road and I took this picture as we were driving by to give an idea of what some of the houses look like. This house is really quite nice for this area.

I took this from our backyard. In the afternoon there are some really lovely clouds in the sky. It is very beautiful to see the sun shining on different parts of the mountains. I can't quite capture the beauty with our camera.
Somedays the four walls of the compound can feel confining and we can feel a bit low in spirits, but the words of Psalm 121 are so appropriate and comforting for us:
"I will lift up my eyes to the hills-from whence comes my help?
My help comes from the LORD, who made heaven and earth."
I won't quote the whole Psalm here, although the entire Psalm brings wonderful joy and peace!

4 comments:

Maria said...

Your camera takes nice pictures! I think you are capturing it pretty nicely, although I can't see the real thing. We're praying for you guys!

anonymouse :) said...

Sharon, thanks for all the pictures and keeping us up to date and also letting us know what to pray for. I can imagine the loneliness you must feel at times and I am praying that you will really be encouraged, and that each day you will really be given a peace and a real sense of God's love and goodness! We love you!
Sarah

Rich and Cher said...

Hi guys! I don't know why, but I cried a little when I saw this post. I think seeing Kris in the back of that truck just really reminded me how far away you are, and how different your life is. But I also felt so excited at what the Lord is using you for there! Wow - may you be continually sustained by His grace as you walk step-by-step with Him there.

Jennifer said...

Kris looks right at home in the back of the pickup. I'm so glad that we have computers that we can keep in touch (unlike yesteryears when mail was far and few between).