Thursday, April 2, 2009

Turning up the heat!

For the past five months we have enjoyed fairly cool, beautiful weather. Well, over the past two weeks, things have really warmed up!
And while all our friends up north are looking for ways to enjoy the warmth, we are looking for ways to escape the heat!
I know I have mentioned it before, but I'll say it again, I am SO thankful for this pool. For the past five months, we really didn't use it very often. The pools are not heated and we never really felt hot enough to go in. Now that the heat is back, the kids are begging to go every day.

I can't say that I mind! We all love the opportunity to get off the compound for a while and there is something for all the different ages to enjoy. With very little else to do in town, we are very thankful!Ryan loves this heart shaped kids pool! There is a bench all the way around that is a perfect height for Lauren to walk on, so she loves it now too. She used to be content to sit in her stroller and watch us all swim, but those days are over now!
Just recently, the owners added this great new waterslide. It has really made a trip to the pool exciting :)

Unlike at home, there is no lifegaurd for this water slide. The kids have a blast doing all sorts of things on it!



Having fun with Ellen and Nico! Brad will go down the slide if Wilf or I catch him at the bottom. He is not quite ready to be part of a train though....










Until you live here, it is difficult to explain how good it is, not only to cool off once in a while, but to be out from the four walls that we live behind. Many times I have felt very...refreshed (in more ways than one!) after a trip to the pool.
The kids and I don't have opportunity to travel around with Wilf very often. I have not been out of this little town for the past two months-if you can believe that!
All this to say, that God is very good, to give this recreation and "outing" for us!

10 comments:

Maria said...

Looks like a lot of fun, Shar! Your kids are sweet, and we miss you all!

Holly said...

Shar, these pictures are beautiful! I loved the slide pictures, and the pictures of sweet little Lauren. She looks chubby as ever, so she must have recovered well from her sickness some time ago. I'm so glad you have a place you can enjoy together as a family. I think nothing of getting in my car and driving wherever, whenever I want! So it's hard to imagine being "homebound" for long periods of time. Thanks for reminding me to be thankful for things I never even think to be thankful for!

Rich and Cher said...

Ditto, to Holly's comments - I never think twice about my "freedom" and I think myself housebound when I haven't been out for a coupla DAYS! It's a blessing for us to experience that God's grace is sufficient in ALL sorts of circumstances - not just the ones we're used to :) Though stretching circumstances are hard - and we sure feel for you, Sharon - I think they make God bigger for us. They help us to see more of Him and to know His power in new ways. I'm sure these months will have lasting impact on your kids, too - for the building up of God's kingdom - be encouraged, Sharon! And know we're all praying for you :)

Anneke Naves said...

What beautiful pictures Sharon! The pool looks so refreshing, and I can tell from the pics that the kids love it. Hope everyone is doing well. We'll miss seeing you guys at the family get-together in a month :(

Rachel Joy said...

Nice pictures, Warden! The lighting was really neat in some of them. I guess your kiddies are swimming like fish now!

Steve and Jo said...

That looks beautiful!! I am sure your kids, and you, are enjoying that time each day. After swimming in Myrtle Beach I am kind of sad that we didn't buy a house with the pool since it entertains the kids for hours. Can't wait to see you all again:)

Mom & Dad said...

Beautiful Pictures of our dear grand kids! We just got back today and since we drove all night are feeling a bit dosey (?)
Had a great holiday with some nice warm weather but nothing like the heat you have there. We came back this morning and drove thru a snow storm south of Lake Erie and it's blowing and very cold here right now.(:
Miss you all. Love, Opa & Oma

Mark and Christy said...

Nice to hear you are home safely, mom. We are too (: I see we are both getting caught up on the blogs...Mark has been busy all day on the upstairs computer so I haven't had a chance to read any emails yet. Anyways, great posts Share! I love the pics of the pool...it is so nice that you can go there and cool off. How is the rat situation? If you read this tonight, call me tommorow if you get a chance so we can catch up!

Sharon said...

Great pictures - what fun! but difficult to be "stuck" so long, Sharon -- yes, I too take my freedoms for granted. May the Lord keep holding you up every day in His everlasting arms.

Matt said...

A train of kids on the slide??? I'm not quite sure that would pass safety standards. Though I'm also quite certain it would be a ton of fun. :)