Thursday, February 26, 2009

Reasons to Give Thanks on My Birthday

I can think of a multitude of things to be thankful for on my birthday this year. Here are just a few:

I can't thank the Lord enough for Wilf and the kids. I am so thankful for the joy they bring to my life. And I am very mindful of that especially this year.

I also thank the Lord for the playmates the kids have here. They have some great times together!
A very special gift for me on my birthday, was the opportunity to see Nate with his new classmates. His class at school wanted to have a party for him to welcome him. So they came over on the afternoon of my birthday and it was such a joy for me to see him playing and interacting with some kids his own age!Playing link tag...
His class brought a cake and drinks and when they discovered it was my birthday, it became a birthday party as well! (yes, those are some sort of pickle on the cake!)
I thank the Lord for the opportunity to serve Him here for this year. Having a birthday in Guatemala is not something everyone can "brag" about :).
So even though I missed my family and friends, I thank so many of you for your calls, e-mails and facebook messages (I joined facebook just in time!).
And above all, I thank the Lord for His love and grace and mercy to me.

7 comments:

Mom & Dad said...

Looks like a great party. Who made the cake? We're so glad that the kids enjoy school and are getting to know more people in the town. We wish we could have celebrated with you.
Lots. of love, Moma and Dad

Steve and Jo said...

Happy Birthday Sharon!! So glad you have so much to be thankful for....except for the rats:) We miss you and your family. Give our love to all the family.

ASB said...

Sounds like you saw a lot of answers to prayer on your birthday! Praise our gracious God!

Maria said...

We love you, Shar! :)

Sharon said...

Congratulations Sharon! May the Lord continue to bless you & your family richly! Looks like lots of fun with all those new friends for your kids!

Jennifer said...

Even though you don't do things the same there is something nice about a birthday in a different country. I was in Scotland this year for mine.
I can't believe how old we're getting... :)

Mark and Christy said...

pickles on the cake....how did that taste?
Happy birthday again, dear sister!